30.5.11

hay: roz



The Hay Festival is on, and we're here, (I'm shooting it for the festival - and the blog) and in a bizarre act of serendipity, on our first day - while Roz and her family had, unbeknownst to us, left messages on my cell phone - we literally ran into them in the town. Turned a corner as we were rushing to the car to get to a camera shop before it closed (we had left early on Friday - with cat, litter, food, ten days' worth of summer festival clothing, chargers, laptops, you name it - but I forgot the little plastic thingy - the card reader to upload the photos!) and we were in a rush to get there before the store closed, and who did we see but Roz and her family! (her first time at the festival).

Just as I was taking these quick street style shots of Roz, in a second act of bizarre serendipity, Mr. Dot noticed that we didn't need to drive 40 minutes to Hereford town: a computer shop two doors down from the corner where we ran into them had the exact card I needed!



Sending this from deepest rural Herefordshire, at the in-laws house (with Mr. Dot & cat) - we had a big boisterous visit with cousins, dogs etc but now they're on holiday and it's just us - and we've worked out a way to get wifi, so I can post after all! But now back to the festival. The weather is dark, grey, rainy and cold, and I've got a suitcase full of flip flops and summery frocks. Roz was dressed exactly right for the look that day: Welsh slate grey, with splashes of colour: English strawberry red and Colman's Mustard. It was impossible to get a clear head to toe shot as crowds rushed by but I kind of like the randomness off the guy and the woman's mac and grey bag.



Okay enough chit chat: we've already missed AA Gill and now we'd better get on the road to catch the next event! Hope you're having a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend. Where are you? Is it warm where you are?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots of Roz here Jill - I've been following her reporting of the festival on Twitter. She definitely knows how to dress for it - those tights are fantastic! Wish I was there, it sounds fascinating.

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Lovely as always -- Roz is one of my favorite people/bloggers! I'm not familiar with the Hay festival but it sounds like all the fun people are there :-)

daisychain said...

Oh Roz, so divine. Oh so envious of your Hay adventures x

Shopgirl said...

Oh, how I wish I'd got tickets for Hay now - keep hearing of people who have gone - it sounds like a great experience. Did wonder if you'd gone. I'm in Worcestershire this evening and the sun is trying to come out - hopefully you are having some drier and brighter weather soon :) xx

San said...

29°C and Sunshine all day in Leipzig. ;-)

What a coincidence. Roz looks lovely as always, the tights are my favourite in her outfit.

Have a great time.

EIGHT LONDON said...

Oh Jill, hopefully I'll run into you at Hay one year, I've always wanted to go.

BARBARA RYAN said...

oh these are suchsuch gorgeous photographs jill xx

Sabine said...

Lovely Roz and beautiful pictures. But you mustn't miss AA Gill, Jill (ha!). Hope you are having a splendid time. xo

style odyssey said...

bank holiday weekend here in the US, too...but i'm sure you know that, since you're american, duh! ;)
gorgeous shots of roz, and i love the randomness of passersby! doesn't she look amazing in any color combo she puts together? such a lovely girl, and that hair...so beautiful.
i don't need to tell you but...yes, it's warm here. :) and so it will be where you are, too. summer's on its way!
now, what's the hay festival?
xoxo

Monique said...

You look like a model! you are so stunning!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Such a beautiful girl! Hope you have a great time at Hay,

Kate x

Roz said...

Hi Jill - I can't comment properly, as blogger seems to be having another technological temper tantrum.
However, I love these photos, especially the first one! I hadn't quite realised how fly-away my hair was... Your description is perfect. It was so dark and miserable that I wanted to add something very colorful to my outfit to make up for it.
However, the weather was worse yesterday, and I'd stupidly worn a full length cardigan! Cue lots of walking around, holding an umbrella with one hand, and the hem of the cardigan with the other (to stop it draping through puddles). So sorry we couldn't see you yesterday - I hope you had a nice time though?

Fashion Limbo said...

It's getting super hot where I am, Malaga, southern Spain, but the cool beach breeze gave me a summer flu, so Im still not allowed to wear summer dresses as it may harm my health :P

Roz is stunning, so beautiful. Hope you have a fantastic time at the festival xxxxx

adrielleroyale said...

Great shots! Especially that last one! :)

Prad Savania said...

Wow, nicely put together outfit - Love Roz' Hair, so cool..

Come check out my heel design blogspot too? I think you will like my hand-drawn designs...

Great job, take care x
Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

jessica said...

roz AND jessica. what beauties! Great shots of both of them!

Michelle Goldie said...

it's all about london style!

http://goldielondon.blogspot.com/2011/05/gracing-rooftopsis-our-new-styling_26.html

x

ediot said...

such stunning photos! i love them
she looks amazing, that hair! wow!
hope you're having a great week
x

citizen rosebud said...

There is so much to love about Roz- her effortless and unforgettable approach to style being the least of things- love her poise, her pose and her wicked use of color. GREAT street shots, Polka Dot. I hope you are having fun at the festival! xo. -Bella Q
the Citizen Rosebud

Unknown said...

These photos are fantastic! I love the red/green belt. What a beautiful girl with a sense of herself.
Great job!
Lydia

www.styleindependent.com

Anonymous said...

Is anyone allowed to look this wonderful just sauntering about?

Bright Green Laces

.:Molen:. said...

she is a perfect match,