2.4.11

white swan: triumph















I'm having a nice problem at the moment: while I'm being much more selective this press day season, I've got such a rich wealth of photos so far - with more events coming up - and I don't know where to begin in showing you! And the Dotster's already left without me and I have to leave this minute and I can't really say properly what I want to say, which is something about our body images, and how we're all perfectly imperfect (something I was talking about with my friend Mimi the other day) and how we're all a bit ugly duckling, a bit swan.

Well I'll just have to close my eyes and pick a few shots and publish. That's the beauty of blogging: it's always a work in progress, and, as Scarlett O'Hara would say, after all, tomorrow is another day.

Shot at the Triumph awards on Thursday at Charlotte Stockdale's home, as prior post, and at Hyde Park. No time to watermark my images but if you'd like to use them: all you have to do is ask.

Gotta fly. Lovely Saturday, pretty ducklings! xo

8 comments:

Veshoevius said...

Enjoying your press coverage! This is great - I love the interspersed pictures of the white swan.

the nyanzi report said...

What a great set of pictures and wonderful words to accompany them.

CHLOE and JESSICA said...

soo beautiful!!
xoxo

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

style odyssey said...

WOW. the light in these photos is luminous!!
xo

jill said...

Thank you V, David, L&Lace, S. I never know if I post on the weekends if anyone is out there: thank you for taking the time to let me know you are! Hope you're having a lovely lovely weekend all. xox

K said...

*Gasps... they are stunning images. What is the second from bottom? I'm drawn to the fabric filtering through the light...
Kathryn

jill said...

Thanks Kathryn. It was at the entrance: her and her husband's home is a truly unusual, beautiful modern space that they've designed (or had designed) - it's hard to describe - and there were designs set up on stands that were lit, like lamp sculptures. I'm going to do a few more posts - there are other shots I haven't yet shown: this is the tip of the iceberg. Same with the swans! So stay tuned ; )

Michelle Lee said...

beautiful inspirations

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
--Michelle (singer from Korea)