29.4.11

pleasant dreams, princesses











It just hit me what it is about this, of all weddings: there is something deep in our psyche's: everyone, somewhere along the way, once had a dream, or a belief, that we were, or could be, a prince, or a princess.

These young women were camped out at the Mall today, and will be sleeping there tonight. The thing was, they didn't know this young girl: she was handed from the crowd, by her parents, and sat with these strangers, for this one quick moment. For the photos: that magic, frozen moment in time.

Can you imagine: in the centre of one of the largest cities in the world, parents handed their child to total strangers. That was the mood today. Ebullient, my friend Adrienne called it.

Okay, I'll shut up now: pleasant dreams, princesses.

2 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

This is the beauty of weddings, it brings people together :) I SO love weddings, I should have been someone who is involved in them for a living...damn! ;)

P.S. I know that is a broad statement, but for the moment, just go with it! lol!

Christine said...

It was an amazing day wasn't it?