14.4.11

now and then








Back on 24th March, same night as the Aqua dinner, Samsung hosted a lovely event: a digital gallery/party for all the photographers and bloggers who took part in the NOW PROJECT. We were actually GIFTED Samsung WAVE II phones (I LOOOOVE my Samsung phone, it's the smartest of the smart phone: too smart for me, but absolutely love it) and I've taken zillions of photos and especially, played around with the app. The project was really centred around the app and what we could do with it.







Mixed into these shots - from a mix of phone shots dashing across the bridge at glorious twilight to get to the Design Museum, where the party was held - and inside the part. That's Charlie May, Girl a la Mode, who didn't know - nor did I - that she happened to be standing in front of her own shot (that's Lexxi's legs!) - the images kept changing on the screen.







No matter that somehow my photos didn't make it onto the gallery wall: maybe they did but that was besides the point: the fun was in the process, which is ongoing. (I'll be bringing the phone tonight for the ck one party, and shooting with it as well as my camera, so stay tuned). The three I chose are shown here - typical girl's snaps, my cat, a sunset over the pool in Palm Beach, my feet.



GOD BLESS YOU, Drew, of Spreading Jam: you're an absolute star for sorting me out with switching to Vodafone: now that I'm in their capable hands, with my SAMSUNG WAVE II, I am totally sorted and one happy camper. God bless Vodafone: best customer service on the planet.

9 comments:

Fashionstyle said...

Love your inspirations !!!

Damsels said...

those are great photos acutally! wow free phones , so lucky

ediot said...

i like the kitty photo. he looks angry. but i bet he ain't. it's a he right?
He/she looks so tiny. my cat is 5 y.o already.. an oldie but goodie.
hope you're having a great thursday!
xx

Shopgirl said...

Such great photos Jill. Love your cat photo :) And the champagne glasses :)

A La Mode said...

Such cute photos Jill. I love that one of your feat, kind of freaky!

A La Mode said...

Wow, I cant believe I just spelt FEET wrong. haha xxx

jill said...

Haha, yeah, I caught that one the first time, Charlie. Freaky featies.

Thanks Shopgirl! & ediot. Yes he's a he: and very much so. He's gorgeous - this doesn't show him in his best light - really silky chocolate angora long fur, beautifully self groomed.. but a real thug in some ways. He's practically a dog, he's so male. Between the ego and alpha male attitude between him and the husband, I'm totally out numbered. Thanks Damsels, Fashion Style..

EIGHT LONDON said...

I can't get that photo of your NINE TOES out of my head now, ha!

jill said...

Actually, ole Bean, it's 11.. but who's counting.