15.12.09

tube stop in the name of love



I saw Dorreen on the Northern Line, on the same ride home from Camden as previous posts (it really was quite a street style day!). She got on when I did and had the most serene manner, and reminded me of a Supreme, or perhaps a Shirelle.





As we got to each Tube stop, I SO wanted to ask to shoot her, but it was rush hour on a Friday, people were going home or going out, the train was packed, and here I am, staring at a strange girl's eyeliner with longing.



Finally I just asked her. She said yes, in that same quiet, modest English manner. She was getting off at Leicester Square, where I took these quick shots. This was just before started my own Motel Rocks Challenge, and hers is Topshop (I now know the difference: Motel's is shaggier, and Topshop's sleeves are shorter: a nice 3/4 length). She couldn't remember where she got her sandals. I just love the whole look.



You know how artists go thru periods where they just keep taking the same theme and revisiting it in different ways? Picasso with his cubes, Grayson Perry with his pots.. well, I guess for this Polka Dot, it's leopard print spots.

I'm very very sorry for the title today. It is soooooo cringeably lame, but I really must dash. The sun's out & meeting my wonderful American friend, Maralee, for sushi. Yum. Have a lovely Tuesday! xox

12 comments:

Teresa @ good-grace said...

She's gorgeous! So glad you asked to take her photo - and that she was so gracious in letting you.

The Fashion Cloud said...

Amazing outfit and he is indeed gorgeous.

xx
FashionCloud

www.thefashioncloud.com

StyleSpy said...

What a beautiful girl! I've always loved that winged eyeliner -- can't wear it myself because of the shape of my eyes -- it always just wrinkles at the outer corner -- but it just screams "glamour!" to me.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I imagine I would see her crooning in a smoky night club decked out in a glittering sequin frock. She is stunning, as is her style!! :)

The Photodiarist said...

Love her look. And I ADORE leopard print. She does look like a Supreme!

Yoshi said...

She has perfected the liner!
Her entire look is really polished. Very innocent :)

adrielleroyale said...

She is a beauty isn't she? I love how she does her make up and really like her look too. Definitely don't mind this kind of re-visitation.. ;)

Jason said...

Leopard prints will always be those pieces kept in the closet only to be brought back the next year. :)

Btw, thank you so much for your kind note. I'm hoping to visit during February, so let's see how that turns out. Shoot me an e-mail if you ever decide to come to NY!

-Jason

temp agencies said...

I so love her long lashes and her jacket. She’s beautiful.

Condo Makati said...

Wow! She looks amazing, like a classic dream girls. I love it.

Susan said...

wow, she has beautiful eyes!
xoxo

ed hardy lady long sleeve said...

good. wow