30.12.09

it's the real thing







When we came back from Christmas in the Herefordshire countryside, we were having lunch the other day at a great place called Luxe, on Commercial Road. I was actually shooting a couple from Paris when I saw this group in front of the Smudge Gallery. Sarah's the one in the bunny ears. I love how her friend in the middle asked me if it was okay to include the Coca Cola bottle in the shot (I have no idea why: was he worried about product placement?)



As if the sparkle in her smile wasn't enough, I had to show you the sparkle in her eye shadow.



When thinking of the many choices for this title, I kept hearing the lines from a coca cola ad in my head. I can't believe I've found this ad, when it came out it was a huge deal in America (I don't know if it played world wide). And so, my blog friends round the world, on the eve of the end of the Noughties, I'd like to send my wishes that for all of you 2010 will be a time of joy and peace. And that we can all, finally, learn how to sing. In perfect harmony.

my oh my... darn it, if only I'd seen this one in time for Christmas!

12 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

They look like such a fun group. Nice shots, Jill.

jill said...

Oh, thank you, PD! Was just about to send you an email, how funny.

Mom Fashion World said...

the coolest and fashionable group in town.

happy holidays to you, jill!

daisychain said...

wow, how utterly awesome.

Dream Sequins said...

I really loved this group of photos. This is true street style. Not just a bunch of over-pampered socialites wearing head to toe YSL.

jill said...

Hey, watch it, some of my best friends are over-pampered socialites in head to toe YSL!

I know just what you mean, tho, and thank you. As a NYer you'll appreciate, we live in South Kensington which is the Manhattan equivalent of the Upper East Side. Commercial Rd, where this was shot - near Spitalfields Market - is more like the OLD Soho/Tribeca - probably more these days like Williamsburg, altho I gather since we've moved here that's even got pretty gentrified. So it's rare when I walk out the door not to find over-pampered socialites - I have to travel the distance of Upstate NY to get that old downtown look.

Not that I'm complaining: it's wonderful in this part of town, too, and we've got a lot of friends around here, and it's easy to get around. It's just not very 'street' ; )

PD, Laura, Mom&Son: thank you! Hope you're having a lovely pre-New Year's Eve night.

Anonymous said...

Was the girl wearing the bunny ears for fun? Reminds me of Madonna's bunny ears, although I like this girl's bunny ears more!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

lorenzomateo said...

Nice commercial.

Good Girls Studio said...

First girls outfit is perfection! Are those leggings sparkly or patent? So hot!

adrielleroyale said...

You gotta love those who are fun enough or crazy enough to just walk around with bunny ears... lol :) Happy New Year Mrs. Dot! :)

Sharon Lei said...

What a fun group. I love the first shot.. Fur (I hope it's faux fur) and sequin leggings! Awesomeness.. 2010 is a heartbeat away! I can't wait, but I'm a bit sad.

Love & Aloha, S
www.elisharon.blogspot.com

Team Inglis said...

that's such a sweet post and so funny that her friend asked about the coke. i always love hearing the stories from the people you shoot! oh, and well done for the AA advertisement placement!! xx