18.12.09

emily, found



I don't know if any of you remember, but a little while ago I did a post (who's that girl), of this incredibly stylish, lovely girl I met outside the flagship Topshop @ Oxford Circus. Well, I got an email recently from someone named Rachel saying, I know that girl: she's my beautiful daughter Emily!

Here's the strange part: I couldn't for the life of me remember her name, and the day I met her I was in a rush because I was going back to the Topshop Dress Me Up to shoot a 2nd time, and was meeting Denise & didn't want to be late. The previous week, the first time I shot for that charity event, I found the other most wonderfully stylish duo, ALSO NAMED EMILY, ('emily's style'), with her friend Cal. In the same exact spot. (And half an hour earlier, walking to Topshop, I had passed this flower and on a whim, shot it. In film speak, we call that foreshadowing.)

When I asked Rachel how she found me, she said Emily had found the site: she'd saved my card. And I can see from the photo, it was an old pink one that had some pen marks on it. Isn't it funny, just a little piece of paper..



Here's another coincidence: I've been thinking for a while now that I really miss my first love (& talent), drawing. I've been meaning to look for life drawing classes in London. Well, Emily's mum, Rachel, runs a run drop in life drawing sessions every Wednesday evening in Holloway, at the Islington Arts Factory. More info on it here. She also does something very interesting for hen parties (that's Brit speak for Bachelorette parties, my American friends): life drawing classes with a male model. Far more creative, and classier, than going to a male strip club, don't you think?

3 comments:

Leah said...

That's what I call destiny... because of your shoot with Emily, you met her mother and now your wish to go back to your first love will be realized.

Now, I think I want to join that drawing class with a male model. Hmmmmmm...

The Photodiarist said...

Love the fingerless gloves with the flowers . . .

Susan said...

oh, how amazing, darling! I wish you every success with drawing.
have a lovely day, xoxo