3.10.09

read all about it: galliano's underwear as outerwear



I didn't go to Paris Fashion Week because I had things on here in London (including my first commissioned fashion shoot as photographer! Can't wait to show you) so it was quite a delightful surprise when Mr. Dot woke me with today's Telegraph & a cup of tea (he's more of a morning person: we're talking 6:00 a.m. morning, even on weekend) & the cover story was a shot of a Dior model @ the Paris Galliano show wearing... a lace slip! Read the excellent article, by Hilary Alexander, right here.



This blogger has been reporting on this trend on the street since early last spring. I dubbed it the 'underwear as outerwear' phenomenon and noticed other bloggers wearing it, too. I'm finding creative ways to bring this look into fall, with a lot of black tights, ankle socks, over the knee socks, masculine touches like black oxfords or a long sleeved black top.. I've always believed designers get their inspiration from the street, but it's quite a thrill to see this process in action.

1 comment:

sofiasophie said...

yeaaaaah! love the idea very much...
I'm going to begin to think of how to wear it..... especially in winter!!