11.9.09

a hard day's night




I've seen a few films recently that have had a strong impression on me: Coco before Chanel is one of them, and there have been some great BBC documentaries lately on the Beatles. There was even one show about how the Beatles have been responsible for bringing down the Kremlin (I'm not making this up!).



So you can imagine that first thing Monday morning, when I ran into Julia, from St. Petersburg, channelling Chanel, in BLACK AND WHITE, it was all a bit surreal. Especially since we had both barely woken up, and Julia's jacket, which isn't Chanel after all, but rather, Zara, is also a bit like the Beatles' collarless jackets. All I know is, she's a really nice girl, and it was lovely to meet her (a lot of my family is originally from Russia). And I love those little Chanel-esque nude sequin ballet pumps, and her electric blue woven leather bag.




I know that you guys never click on any of my youtube links (or if you do, no one's telling me) but I promise, if you click here, you'll be in for a real treat, Beatles fan, or not. Actually: does anyone NOT like the Beatles? I have yet to meet anyone who isn't a Beatles fan, except perhaps my husband, Mr. Dot, who always said the Stones were cooler. But he would say that, wouldn't he? Men! ; )

And while we're at it: what the heck, I couldn't resist it: click here, and you'll be humming this all day. And now that I think of it, how could I finish this post without adding this.

7 comments:

christine said...

loved the movie coco avant Chanel

Sara said...

i really love the jacket!

www.littlefashionista-sara.blogspot.com

kiskiss Sara

The Photodiarist said...

Love the jacket.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I have never met anyone who doesn't like The Beatles either - they're easy to love! Speaking of love...I adore that blue woven tote! :)

Rosalind said...

Love that jacket and blue bag! The bag justs adds that perfect bit of brightness..
And who doesn't love the beatles? (:

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am the biggest Beatles fan you are ever going to com eacross. I guiltily know about every single thing about them, have stacks of books on them, all their movies, cds, records, posters, bags, shirts, notebooks, postcarsds, really everything. I have even seen Ringo live. Who is your favorite? Mine is Paul, one day I'm hoping I can meet him, then I won't have to do anything else with my life. Yep, thats me.
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

StyleSpy said...

J'adore that pop of blue!