2.9.09

girls just wanna have fun



Meet (from left to right) Chloe, Nana, Lexi, and Livi. We just did, right outside Topshop, the Day I Saw The Jacket Was Back. They are such delightful, delightful girls, and such a whirlwind of energy, that in the twelve seconds it took to take a bunch of shots, I didn't even notice until later how many brilliant current trends they're rocking between them.

They could be a girl band, don't you think? For your viewing pleasure, when you're done reading this post, please click here. I was also so impressed with their professionalism. I asked them to email me with their details. Within 24 hours, I'd heard from 3 out of four. Just waiting on you, Chloe!

Nana: top: Primark, High Waisted Skirt: American Apparel, Shoes: Blue Velvet, Jumper: Urban Outfitters, Sunglasses: Primark, Bag: Market In Rwanda, Scarf (Used As Headband): Vintage From Grandma
Lexi: Cardigan and scarf are from vintage/ charity shops , my dress is from h&m, and the boots are new look but folded over.
Livi: Bandeau: American Apparel, Vest: Topshop, Skirt: Topshop, and Boots: All Saints

I can't decide which look I like the best, they're all great. Which girl is more your style? I've got similar boots to Livi's All Saints ones (beat up by my very own self) and will definitely be shopping my closet for that one soon, perhaps with shorts if we ever see the sun again.

Just have one question for you, Chloe, Nana, Lexi & Livi: can you sing? Actually, that doesn't even matter, if you think about some famous female pop singers who shall remain anonymous.

16 comments:

modediktat said...

Dear Jill,
how are you, darling? I'm still a little bit ill, that's why I'm late with commenting and visiting all my beloved blogs.
Just wanted to send you a quick but very warm Hello! Oh wooow! I love this picture very much! The girls are awesome! So colorful and amazing, every single one of them - and together!! Like the Sex and the City group of London, hehe....
Bombastic!
Wishing you a wonderful and pleasant Wednesday, sweetheart! Big kiss, S.

dot said...

Hi Sophie,
So true! They really are delightful girls.
So sorry to hear you've still been ill. Have sent a long comment on YOUR blog! Send me your email if you'd like, mine is on my profile, or
jill@haybooks.com

FEEL BETTER SWEETS! xoxo

The Photodiarist said...

Dot: Hey! Thanks for your comment. I am glad to meet you and to become acquainted with your blog. As for blog link swaps, I would love to do them, but to be honest, I am still trying to figure out the ins and outs of my blog and where to put stuff (am new at this!). So, will try to see what I can do in the coming days!! Thanks again.

P.S. These girls are wicked cool! Love the one in the red glasses!

Is This Real Life? said...

Love these girls style!
So pretty!
The girl at the ends skirt is just so fabulous!

Cafe Fashionista said...

This is possibly one of my favorite pictures of yours. I so love the energy conveyed in it - what with the laughter and camaraderie. It's just so adorable; and the differing styles is marvelous. I'm especially loving the look all the way to the left. Though, I must say, I truly thought that was Miley Cyrus all the way to the right on first glance. Lovely! :)

L said...

great style
Love your blog by the way
http://wizzystyle.blogspot.com/

Eva said...

INCREDIBLE, all four. :)

Unknown said...

this is such a shot right out of the pages of TeenVogue

i absolutely love it...and your blog

CB said...

Thanks a lot for your kind comment.
I love very much your nice blog, is one of my favourites this days, and, of course, i like to swap links with you !!!
all the best.

Baglife.

http://www.elbolsoylavida.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this photo!

I tagged you in my SUMMER tagging thing on my blog :)
lots of love,
Nicky x

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Great, great shot. I love them. To be honest none of them share my fashion aesthetic, but does that really matter? They're energetic and gorgeous--and that comes through in their choices. Love them!!

That Girl Lucy said...

oh my gosh i lovee this photo. they all look so fun and carefree. def' girlband material ;)
id have to say i dress quite like livi, but nana's hair is amazing, and they all look greaat.
always love looking at your photography,
xo

Aquiles Damiron-Alcantara said...

As I accessed the blog today and saw this picture, I stared at it for a few minutes. I truly admire this beautiful, black skin, confident lady. I really like her skin more than anything, her hair, and then her sun glasses. What a beautiful, confident woman. I can't believe she is real.

Ps. I am TD's cousin. I like your blog a lot!

Buenos deseos,
Aquiles

www.minutebyminute09.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! I love love LOVE this shot! I don't know why, but it reminds me of the TV show Sex and the City. It's like four girlfriends hanging out. What's so cool about this photo is how each of their personalities is portrayed! You can tell a little bit about each one of them just by staring at the picture. My style would probably be a mix between Chloe and Nana. Chloe has that personality which just simply says "I am wearing bright red sunglasses...look at me I am just too cool!" Well, she probably didn't intent to display that type of personality but she kind of does. Love it!!
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

Smile Hawaii said...

Really love your updates and artful style.

Please follow my blog for culture, cuisine, and couture from JAPAN & HAWAII <3
http://ashendiamonds.blogspot.com/

Aline Dahl said...

OMG! THIS PICTURE IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! LOVE IT!

Wish you a great weekend!
hugs & kisses,
coco