2.6.09

too posh for other pubs



Mr. Dot & I were walking home from the Chelsea Flower Show on a stunningly brilliant Friday afternoon, when I stopped into the Peer on Sydney Street to use their very state of the art loo. I heard Maisie's voice before I saw her. It was, as F. Scott said of Daisy, full of money. I'm including all the shots of her & Ben because I want you to see the way she managed to juggle a crisp Chardonnay & a lollipop while simultaneously lighting a Marlboro light, and still managing to keep Ben entranced. I also love the way someone (possibly Ben) had just given her a big bouquet of flowers, which were simply tossed on the table. She presumably felt the only place flowers need be is on her dress.



Check out this review of the Peer, a cool local that used to be the Wellesley, named for Arthur Wellesley who was the Duke of Wellington. (My dad's name is Arthur and my grandfather's, Sidney.) Their only problem with this pub is that it 'exists for people who are too posh to go to other pubs.' It's cute (the review, that is. Also, come to think of it, the pub. And, obviously, Ben and Maisie).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that dress!

Rand said...

oh my god i love ur blog!!!so adding it to my list!:)
love her hair+dress
x

Merily said...

Love her hair!

David Stanley said...

Great dress!!!

Stephanie and Silvya said...

Love the dress and sunglasses! Great blog.

jill said...

Hang on: is that my friend David Stanley from New Mexico? Or a bizarre coincidence? If it's you David, howdy! Where are you? Email me.

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

She looks like a movie star! Gorgeous.

jill said...

I'm sure she will be. She had such star quality, and was actually very polite, charismatic but headstrong and very self possessed. She reminded me of Kiera Knightly's character in Atonement.