16.6.09

going grey



Helene, a really nice model from Holland, at Asprey on Bond Street. I don't know what's happened to me, but this weird weather is making me take a whole new look at grey. When I first saw it for spring I wondered what WERE they thinking, but now I've changed my mind. I'm seeing great looks in subtle shades of grey (especially gorgeous with nudes, pale ballet pinks).. this works because she can pull off the hard masculine bike jacket and leggings-under-shorts that's starting to look really tired on more vertically challenged girls. But one can't blame 'em: we NEED THOSE LEGGINGS!! If we don't layer, we'll freeze this summer.

p.s. (thursday) speaking of leggings: my husband, Mr. Dot, just found this great piece on leggings in the Times, by the witty & wonderful Lisa Armstrong.

6 comments:

StyleSpy said...

Oh, honey... I would so happily send you some sunlight if it would take our temps down a few degrees. We're going for our 4th day in a row of triple digits today. Yikes...

Stephanie and Silvya said...

I love everything about her look! :]

Great shot. I need that jacket! lol

--Cultureshock.

Stephanie Clayton said...

reporting from the caribbean, no sunshine here either. not today, anyway!

gray is one my my favorite "colors". i even loved it as a small child- weird, i know.

i so enjoy reading the little stories behind your photos. nice touch!

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

She's stunning! And of course I love anything gray. It's one of my favorite neutrals!

Maria said...

Oh I really like this! Eventhough it's so ordinary.. it's not :p Lovely girl.

Unknown said...

Incredible picture! The leather jacket gives the ensemble a hardcore look. The short jumper on the other hand gives her the feminine edge along with the black leggings. The shoes are beautiful. Last but definitely least is I love how she doesnt wear many accessories, just a necklace.
check out my fashion blog...!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/